Even though I don’t get too much time to read I have started to get some time to read some books over the last few years. I realize now that the kind of books that I have chosen are starting to help define my view of the world. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or not, but there are probably worse methods of defining your world view (like, say, watching Jersey Shore–which I have been known to do…my shame).
But here’s a list of books that have changed how I view the world:
- Outliers – Malcolm Gladwell
- Blink – Malcolm Gladwell
- Guns, Germs, and Steel – Jared Diamond
- The Omnivores’ Dilema – Michael Pollan
- Zen, and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance – Robert M. Pirsig
- Management Rewired – Charles S. Jacobs
- The Hiram Key – Christopher Knight
What I find interesting is there is some convergence through out all of these books. In later posts I hope to explore how some of these seemingly unrelated books provide similar views on the world around us.